At Dakabin, our programs are successfully delivered by a dedicated teaching team and supported by equally as dedicated support staff. Significant opportunities are provided for parents and carers to become actively involved in the learning of students and the life of our Dakabin community.
At Dakabin we offer a whole school learning structure based on student numbers.
At times we have created other class combinations depending on the needs of the school and, most importantly, the needs of students. Learning in these juncture classes allows students to be extended or supported according to their academic and social developmental needs.
Our school offers a mix of traditional school programs, many innovative and recognised programs, and initiatives 'to support and challenge' the diverse range of students who attend the school.
· A strong focus on the achievement of literacy, numeracy and technology skills. Our school will be teaching the National Curriculum. Computer lab, laptops and iPads are used extensively to support and enhance learning in all areas.
· A music program comprising classroom music, strings, brass, woodwind and percussion.
· A sports program, with major emphasis on interschool sport in Years 5 and 6 and skills development.
· A compulsory Languages Other Than English program in Japanese for Year 4,5 & 6 students.
· A learning extension program for students to achieve their academic potential; this is in partnership with other local high schools.
· A School Chaplain to assist with family support and pastoral care within the school community.
· A Social Skills Program emphasising the “Dakabees” of Be Safe, Be Sensible and Be Respectful.
· An inclusive and responsive Diverse Learning Team that caters for the needs of students with disabilities and learning difficulties through support in the classroom and specialised programs.