Our Parents & Citizens Committee works together with Dakabin State School and the community to promote the interests of the school and help facilitate its development and further improvement to enhance student learning.
We do this by:
- Providing feedback regarding school policies and activities;
- Contributing to projects such as classroom rejuvenation program, updating of equipment, new resources for students;
- Managing the Tuckshop and Uniform Shop;
- Fundraising through meal deals, Mother's/Father's Day stalls, and event such as discos;
- Applying for grants and donations through external providers;
- Strengthen the school's connection with local government representatives and actively advocating for the school to receive funding;
- Organising activities and hosting events to build and support our school community;
- Working in collaboration with the Principal and the Business Services Manager to streamline where we spend our fundraising dollars to ensure your donation gets spent in the best way possible.
Did you know that every purchase you make at our Tuckshop or Uniform Shop contributes to our school? All profits are used to fund additional facilities and resources for our students!
Our P&C meets on the third Tuesday of each month in the library at 6.30pm. Meeting dates are advised in the Community Update, DSS Facebook page and digital noticeboard at the front of the school. All parents, carers and members of our school community are welcome and encouraged to attend. The Principal attends these meetings and willingly discusses matters relating to the whole school. It is a wonderful opportunity to be part of what is going on at school and to have your say on matters that impact the school community.
To become a member, you need to complete the membership form (see link at the bottom of this page) and attend at least one meeting per year (to have your membership approved in person). Becoming a member adds you to our mailing list so you can be informed of upcoming meetings, important information/changes, arising opportunities to get involved and membership also gives you the ability to vote on issues that may arise during meetings.
Occasionally special meetings and events between regular meetings are required, these are advertised ahead of time like our other meetings. Meetings are a big part of what we do – they allow us to be collaborative, inclusive and to make important decisions as a group – but meetings aren't the only thing we do.
Your level of involvement in the P&C is entirely up to you, we respect that people have busy lives and we value every minute from our wonderful volunteers, our Executive are volunteers too! During every school year there are numerous ways for you to be involved, from volunteering in the tuckshop to shovelling mulch at a working bee to simply supporting our fundraisers by purchasing something.
We love new faces – and promise not to give you a job if you don't want one! Everyone is welcome and we are a group of easy going, approachable people who all have the same goal in mind, making our school the best it can be!
We'd love to hear from you.
Please e-mail PandC@dakabinss.eq.edu.au and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
P&C Application for Membership 2021.pdf